Suffixes help identify the purpose of Oracle HCM tables
You would see lot of tables in Oracle Fusion HCM Cloud, but you might wonder what is the purpose of the tables that end with the following suffixes such as _ALL, _TL, _VL, _V, _F, _VL, _A and so on. Below is a description provided for each of these tables:
• _ALL table holds all the information about different operating units in Multi-Org environment.
• _TL are tables corresponding to another table with the same name. These tables provide multiple language support. For each item in the table without _TL there can be many rows in the _TL table, but all with different values in the LANGUAGE column.
• _B tables are the BASE tables. Data is stored in the table with all validations. It is supposed that these table will always contain the perfect format data.
• If anything happens to the BASE table data, then it is a data corruption issue.
• _F tables are date tracked tables, which occur in HR and Payroll. These table will have the two date columns – EFFECTIVE_START_DATE and EFFECTIVE_END_DATE – which together with the primary key identifies a row uniquely.
• _V tables are the views created based on the base tables
• _VL are views for multi-language tables which combines the row of the base table with the corresponding row of the _TL table where the LANGUAGE = USERENV(‘LANG’).
• _S are sequences, used for finding new values for the primary key of a table.
• _A, _AVN and _ACN are tables used for audit.
• _EFC tables use Euro as Financial Currency
DataTerrain with years of experience and reliable experts is ready to assist. We have served more than 200 plus customers in the US and an additional 60 plus customers worldwide. We are flexible in working hours and do not need any long-term binding contracts.