Amazon QuickSight allows users to restrict access to the dataset by configuring row-level security on it. This action can be performed either before or after the dataset is being shared.
• The permissions dataset cannot contain Duplicate values and it will be ignored when evaluating how to apply rules.
• If you add a rule for a user or a group and leave all other columns with NULL value you grant them access to all the data.
• If there is no rule being added then the user or group cannot see any of the data.
• If you deny access then every user or group can see only the rows that don’t match the field values in the dataset rules.
• If the data has been restricted they are marked with the word “Restricted” in the datasets screen.
• Row Level Security only works for the fields such as string, char, varchar and so on. It doesn’t work for dates or numeric fields.
DataTerrain, with years of experience and reliable experts, is ready to assist. We have served more than 250 customers in the US and over 70 customers worldwide. We are flexible in working hours and do not need any long-term binding contracts.